Wednesday 15 June 2016

Down Memory Lane - Big River @ Sungai Besar

It's Big River in the headline. It's Big River be the critical factor that will be an indicator for future political landscape in Malaysia. It's Sungai Besar indeed the place where I was born. 
By-election for Parliament Sungai Besar just round the corner. 18th June 2016 is the day. P93 is the number. It will stage three corners fight between BN vs PAS vs PAN. The so-called outsiders YB Dr Rani of PAS and Azhar Abdul Shukur of PAN clashed with the so-claimed insider YB Budiman of BN. It is interesting episode as the by-election at Sg Besar and Kuala Kangsar parliament seats came after landslide victory of BN in Sarawak Election. BN leaders told the reporters that BN will use Sarawak winning template in these two by-elections. What are the winning 'templates' they are referring to? Curious and suspicious minds would wonder. My personal view that the chance of winning for BN may slim since Sarawak and these two places are different in demography and sentiments. Last GE13 saw Arwah TS Noriah Kasnon won with small majority by 399 votes. My take is PAS will be winning when I considering the easily approachable, moderate in nature and performance of candidate YB Dr Rani. He also can be seen as true mature and friendly in political camaraderie for both political divide. While PAN candidate has the blessings from PR and TDM in tandem with Citizen Declaration which TDM has initiated. 
While it is interesting to see the end result next Saturday evening, it was tragic indeed for the incident occured that lead to these two by-elections. Both arwah YB Sg Besar and YB Kuala Kangsar involved in the helicopter crash at Sarawak on 5 May that claimed their lives together with the pilot and all passengers onboard. They were all at Sarawak for BN campaign. And then come out the love story of TS Noriah and her 8 months husband who also died from the incident. It is really touched the hearts. Both were in love during school time and their intention to marry young was opposed by the parents. Both decided to take their own separate ways, pursued further studies, married to others, have children and later both divorced with their former spouses. They eventually met last year, love was on the air again and they tied the knots this time. Only God knows they only given 8 months to experience wonderful life as legal couple. Such a memorable stories. 

                  A picture worth a thousand words. 

And for me, Sungai Besar is close to my heart. It was the place that my beloved mother given birth to me. The place that was inked in my birth certificate. My family and I spent there approximately 1 year after my birth before moving out to Segamat. Although I'm used to mention that I am Johorean to others but I'm still original Selangorean indeed. Deep down in my heart. Haha. Somewhere in 2013, I exploring again the place with my families and it's my mother intention to see the house where I was given birth and to track old neighbours. Alhamdulillah both intention fulfilled. And after quiet some time, I revisit the memorable house at Taman Berkat Sg Besar. And I'm walking down to memory lane. 


          My place of origin and memories retain.



No comments:

Post a Comment